Proportion Word Problems
1. If 6 pounds of apples cost $9, then how much would 21 pounds of apples cost?
2. If $24 worth of fertilizer covers 5,000 square feet, then how much would it cost to cover 30,000 square feet?
3. If a chain link fence costs $180 for 20 feet installed, how much would it cost to install 300 feet?
4. The scale on a map is 1 inch equals 5 feet. What is the distance between two points on the map that are 8 1/2
inches apart on the map?
5. A $4 sales tax is charged for a $50 purchase. At this rate, what is the sales tax for a $1200 purchase?
6. A store makes a profit of $15,000 for every 300 coats that they sell. If they make a profit of $25,000, how
many coats did they sell?